miércoles, marzo 28, 2012

basura barefoot y bici, las tres bs

Im getting married to my pickup truck.

Im getting married to my pickup truck. from makken on Vimeo.

Filmed in Lillehammer and Barcelona.

.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-

Basura

Hoy estoy contento por varios motivos , el primero es porque esta mañana arreglè las piedras del camino del bosquecillo, para que no penetren los coches dentro del bosque ,y he sacado de la vista 3 hermosas bolsas 3 de tamaño comunitario , dos del solar de enfrente de la iglesia y de la tapia del cole y he dejado el solar de la iglesia a falta de una ultima vuelta, quizàs otra bolsa màs . Tambièn saquè otra bolsa grande en el solar de enfrente del parque en la calle de la farmacia. Allì van a hacer falta 5 ò 6 bolsas màs , nos lo tomaremos con calma. Tambièn recogì dos macetas una media y otra màs pequeña para colgar .

Barefoot

Luego en casa me han llegado por correo en un sobre las zapatillas Sockwa G2 ante el asombro del cartero que es amigo y no se creìa que cupieran unas zapatillas en un sobre,y que con esas zapatillas se pudiera correr , pero le hice una demostraciòn in situ.

Me dijo que el pensaba que eran de agua y que unas zapatillas con amortiguaciòn eran mejores , pero le comentè que llevamos pocos años con zapatillas frente a los milenios que llevamos descalzos .

Ya he publicado otro post en el blog con las fotos de la sockwa con las que entrenarè durante 20 dìas para hacer el triatlòn medio ironman de elche,pràcticamente con los pies descalzos

màs fotos en facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150642511608030.392631.691938029&type=1&l=9a0e39ae9a

hoy pensaba salir media hora a correr pero al final fueron 45 minutos por todo tipo de terrenos.

Lo primero es que con las suelas tan delgadas las zapatillas transmiten el terreno fielmente y como no tienen amortiguaciòn es casi como si corrieras descalzo.Creo que sockwa viene de sock , calcetìn en inglès y wa de water agua , el nombre indica calcetìn de agua que es a lo que se dedicaba la empresa antes pero a pesar de que parecen unos escarpines de buceo , son unas zapatillas para correr.

Empecè andando en mi calle por asfalto con el perro pastor alemàn el king2 , lo llevo al bosquecillo para que haga sus necesidades , pero tengo que volver sobre mis pasos porque hay muchas piedras y las siento todas.Paso del asfalto a la tierra dura , pero hay en principio varias piedras y el king2 se sorprende al oir mis exclamaciones, poco a poco hay menos piedras y puedo correr mejor.Giro a izquierda por sendero de tierra dura que empalma con la carretera de asfalto del camping. Seguimos la carretera algo màs de 1km hasta que giramos a la derecha para seguir por el camino de la finca agrìcola, que acaba en tierra blanda . Cruzamos la carretera de la costa y empezamos en tierra dura y enseguida subimos la mini duna de arena y luego por los senderos de arena llegamos a la playa con arena blanda. La cruzamos hasta la orilla donde el king2 se baña y seguimos por la costa por arena dura 2km hacia alicante hasta la altura de urbanoba.

Cruzamos la playa , subimos por la rampa de cemento, cruzamos la pista de balonmano y por senderos de arena , luego de piedra , luego arena hasta la zona gay y luego tierra hasta la carretera de la costa .La cruzamos y pasamos la carretera de gravilla que es molesta para los pies de algo màs de 500m . Ya sòlo falta brujelear por las calles de la urbanizaciòn hasta llegar a casa. En total fueron 45 min y unos 7 km aproximadamente.

La zapatilla va muy bien en asfalto , senderos con capa superficial de arena, arena dura de la orilla y tierra dura , bien en arena blanda y no tan bien en gravilla o en senderos con piedras. Si no estàs acostumbrado a correr con pies descalzos ( barefoot ) y tienes pies sensibles o eres poco adaptable te va a costar. En mi caso,casi 64 años casi 78 kgs sin experiencia previa en correr con esas zapatillas, pude correr sin mayores problemas 7 km el primer dìa.

BICI

Me encontrè tan bien que decidi coger la mtb y mover al king2 un poco màs. Revisamos los campos y bosques cercanos a casa, el king2 persiguiò a un par de conejos y yo encontrè los restos de un par de guarros, los recogì y para casa. +Barefoot

2 pruebas de la sockwa en inglès .-.-.-.--.-.-.-.

Footwear Review: Sockwa G2, by Rachelle on October 31, 2011

As a barefoot/minimalist runner, I run over 85% of my miles barefoot. I am very particular about any “shoes” that I wear for a run. In extreme weather (hot or cold), I will run in huaraches. For very rugged trails or gravel levees I might wear Vibram KSOs. The Sockwa G2 offers something in-between.When the Sockwa G2s arrived from the company for testing, my first thought was that they were basically water shoes. One of my co-workers that I train with runs in water shoes. Her shoes and the ones I examined in the local mega-store have fairly thick, inflexible soles. Water shoes are difficult to fold in half. The Sockwas can be rolled into a small tube. There is also a noticeable weight difference.

The first evening I had them, I wore them around the house. They are very comfortable. They quite literally feel like you are wearing socks. I made sure to trim my toenails. Because of the snug fit, I was concerned that any sharp nails might wear quickly on the neoprene uppers.

Construction:

The G2 has a ultra-thin 1.2 mm TPU sole. (For comparison, my huaraches are 4 mm.) The snug neoprene uppers offer some protection from debris that might be kicked up on the road or trail. The top of the shoe has a breathable spandex-type material.

Fit:

Like the name implies, the Sockwa G2 fits like a sock. It is snug, but very comfortable. Due to the ultra-thin sole, the shoe is extremely flexible. I was concerned that the snugness of the upper material would inhibit toe splay. However, during my runs my feet did not feel restrained.

Footbed:

The foot bed has a very thin layer of neoprene material. It is cushy, but not overly padded.

First Test Run:

I took the G2s out for their first trial on a 10-mile morning training run. My intention was to only wear them for about a mile. They turned out to be so lightweight and comfortable that they stayed on for the first four miles.

At that point, I felt a slight hot spot developing on the tops of my two smallest toes on my right foot. I removed them for 2 miles and then I tried them again for another mile. Another light hot spot developed under the inside ball of my right foot. So, I figured that was enough for their first trial.

Additional testing:

A couple days following the first run, I took them out for a 4-mile night run. I wanted to determine the cause of the “hot spot” issue. I started out with a quick mile (7:45 pace – fast for me). Next I did 2 miles very easy (12-minute pace). I closed out the run with another fast mile. Not once did I sense a hot spot developing anywhere on either foot. It appears that the initial “hot spot” issue on my toes could have been from some rubbing against the stitching toward the outside of the shoe. However, there were no issues on this and subsequent runs with the stitching.

In addition to my first two runs, I took them out several more times on runs as well as wearing them for an afternoon at work. They provided protection from warm/hot asphalt on an 80-degree California afternoon. You can feel the warmth of the asphalt or concrete through the soles. The G2s are very comfortable to wear at work if nobody minds you wearing moccasin/sock-like shoes.

The G2s can give a slight measure of protection from chip-seal asphalt. The chip-seal that these were tested on was pretty horrific and barely tolerable in bare feet. Since the Sockwas have excellent ground feel, you definitely feel the gravel. However, the shoes give some relief from the really sharp stuff.

I did receive one blister on the ball of my foot during testing. However, in all fairness, I must state that the blister developed after I finished running a barefoot half marathon. I had gone back to run some friends to the finish during the last mile. The G2s had gotten wet and my feet were already slightly tender.

Pros:

Extremely lightweight

Ultra-thin, flexible sole

Comfortable feel

Cons:

Possible blistering

Overall Impression:

The Sockwa G2 is an excellent addition to a barefoot/minimalist runner’s arsenal of shoes. They allow for excellent ground feel and are extremely flexible – both musts for a barefoot runner. The G2s offer a thin layer of protection from general abrasions during road running.

If you are a regular road-runner who is looking for minimal protection from the surface and are not satisfied by the weight of other minimalist options, you will likely be pleased with the Sockwa G2. For those who are not ready or able to make the barefoot leap, this might be just the to get that maximum barefoot-feel without being truly barefoot.

~Barefoot Terry

http://www.barefoot-running.us/blog/bare/footwear-review-sockwa-g2.html .-.--.-.-..-.-..-.-.-.-...-

Sockwa G2 Review: A Guest Review by Chris Van Dyke

Happy Monday folks! A little background on this post. A couple of months ago I attempted to review the G2 shoe by Sockwa. Sockwa is a water shoe company that has been on the outskirts of the minimalist running scene for a while. Their Amphibian water shoe was popular among barefooters back when there weren't a lot of minimalist choices on the market. They hadn't been a real contender compared to the big brands though because the toe box of their shoes was horribly small.However, recently they've been trying to cater to the minimalist crowd by creating options with more features us barefooters would enjoy. Their first effort in that regard is the G2.

And I'd love to review the shoe for you. But they don't make it in a size big enough for my foot. So to help me out I enlisted the help of my buddy Chris Van Dyke. Chris has contributed to this blog before, and has his own barefoot running blog over at When I Talk About Running. He did a good job on this review. I hope you enjoy!

What's in a Name, By: Chris Van Dyke

The best and worst thing about the Sockwa may very well be its name.Sockwa is a great name, because it describes the product perfectly – its pretty much a neoprene sock with just a hint of rubber on the sole for protection.Sockwa is a terrible name, because, well, its “sockwa.” It sounds like it should be sold on a late-night infomercial, preceded by the phrase, “From the people who brought you the Snuggie comes the next innovation in footwear!”

As a company, you want your customers to tell everyone they know how great your product is. “I love my Vibram Five Fingers!” “Have you tried the new Merrell Trail Glove?” But there’s now way I’m responding to anyone’s inquiries about what I’m wearing with a proud, “It’s a Sockwa!” I’m more like Ash in Army of Darkness, attempting to trick the Necromonicron by mumbling his way through an incantation he was to arrogant to memorize. “Klaatu, Barada, mumble-Sockwa-mumble.” I suppose it’s too late to change it now, since they’ve got a web-site and a trademark and all that, but really – Sockwa?

Okay, enough snarky comments about the name. After all, this shoe is aimed at barefoot runners, an audience which obviously doesn’t give a crap about what the rest of the world thinks about them or else they’d put on some damn shoes already. Let’s get to some real reviewing.

Basically the Sockwa G2 is a glorified water-shoe. Is the name implies, its just a rugged sock, a neoprene bootie with a thin rubber-sole. It’s about as minimal as you can get, so Sockwa is clearly aiming at a hard-core barefoot audience. If you are looking for a minimal shoe, this isn’t it; if you really want to be barefoot but feel the need for some protection, this shoe was made with you in mind. So let’s talk about the things that hard-core barefoot freaks like you care about.Can I roll it into a ball? Bloggers claim this is about testing flexibility, but let’s admit it: rolling a shoe into a ball is just fun. The Sockwa rolls into a nice little cinnamon roll, so its as flexible as anything I’ve seen. So yeah, you can roll it into a ball.

Does it hurt when I run over gravel? This is all about procirpir-waddaya-callit, or ground-feel or something. And the answer is yes: you feel EVERYTHING. You know that cocktail snob friend of yours, the one who says the only real martini is bone-dry, and he merely swirls the vermouth around in the glass and dumps it out so there’s the barest hint of sweetness behind the gin? That’s what the makers of the Sockwa did with this shoe, only the neoprene is the glass and the rubber sole is the vermouth. Or something like that. The sole on this sucker is 1.2 millimeters thick, meaning it’s the thinnest sole on anything I own, nearly a quarter as thick as my Invisible Shoes and almost half as thick as the Softstar Moc3. You can feel the temperature of the ground, the change from asphalt to concrete, and yes, when you run over gravel or sharp stones, it hurts like hell. Which, as a barefoot freak, you think is a good thing.

Can I wiggle my toes? This shoes doesn’t exactly have a last per se, but it isn’t exactly foot shaped either. It’s a bit narrow, shaped more like an traditional shoe that I would like, as it was rather tight around my toes. The good news is since it’s a neoprene sock, even my extra-wide, EEE feet squeezed in without it being actually uncomfortable. I would have preferred it a bit looser, since I’m a big fan of toe-splay and I’ve been spoiled by my extra-wide Softstar Dash, but after I’d been running for a few blocks I stopped noticing.Do they feel like I’m running around with nothing on my foot? My pair was a bit small, so I’m not sure I can really judge their over-all feel. These size 10 shoes were actually sent to The Maple Grove Barefoot Guy, and since he wears a size 28, he passed them on to someone with more mortal dimensions like myself. I normally wear a 10.5, and the label on these suckers say they fit 10 – 11, but they were a bit small for me. Like the width, however, these shoes just sort of stretched to fit. If you like the free-air-toe-wiggling of a huarache, you don’t get that with the Sockwa -- these are pretty much a glove for your foot, so the feel is closer to a Five Finger than an Invisible Shoe.

Will they last for 2,000 miles? I’ve run about 40 miles in mine so far, and they seem to be holding up well. There’s a very tiny hole near the middle of my big toe on the right shoe, but it doesn’t seem to be getting any bigger. It’s too early to see how well the rubber holds up over time, but it seems durable.Do they smell? What’s the best thing about owning Vibrams? Never have to worry about burglars, since when you leave them outside your door at night the scent kills anything that comes within 5 yards of them. The Sockwa is a closed neoprene shoe you wear without socks. So yes, mine are already to starting to reek.

Can I wear them to prom? Or the office? Look, you didn’t get into barefoot running to score style points, right? In fact, I’m willing to say you’re pretty used to enduring stares from friends, co-workers, and strangers when they see you head out the door without shoes. And when you DO head out the door, you’re footwear gets about the same reactions. The Sockwa G2 comes in seven colors; I have the bright red pair. They look like Peter Parker was having a picnic with Aunt May and then the Green Goblin attacked and Peter had to sneak off and change into his Spider Man costume, then after defeating the Goblin he quick switched back to his normal clothes before Aunt May even noticed he was missing . . . but he forgot to change out of his Spider-Man boots! I call them my “Spider-Man shoes.” Last week a trio of middle-school girls on their way to school laughed at me.

Overall: The Sockwa is an amazing shoe for someone who is seriously into barefoot running. I wish the toe-box was a bit wider for a more natural feel across the toes, but you can’t find a shoe that gives you a closer experience to actually running barefoot. I won’t say its “the same as running barefoot” because no shoe, no matter how thin the sole, can fully replicate the experience, but the Sockwa comes close. Really close. I’d give it a 9 out of 10 if I did the whole rating thing.

http://www.maplegrovebarefootguy.com/2011/12/sockwa-g2-review-guest-review-by-chris.html

No hay comentarios: